Careers at Connecting Point Computer Center
Job - IT Network / Computer Repair Field Engineer 2022
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain client networking environments by designing system configuration; planning, directing, defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Perform hands-on PC and Network installation and updates for new and existing clients.
- Configuration and maintenance of PCs, printers, routers, firewalls, switches, and related hardware, software, and services.
- Maintain client network environments following best practices for the update and support of all server software and network appliances.
- Ability to present technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of management styles.
- Provide customer-first support and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval, and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team
Administration of Client Managed Services portal.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to deploy and repair Windows 7 & 10 OS.
- Exchange Server, Office 365.
- Programming and installation of Access Points and Wireless Radios.
- Troubleshooting and repair of Networks and Servers.
- Troubleshooting and repair of PCs and Laptops.
- Troubleshooting and repair of Printers.
- Knowledge of N-Able MSP software.
- Climbing of ladders and towers for repair and installation of equipment.
- The primary point of contact for several key customers.
- Cabling as needed.
- 2+ years experience in a similar role providing network engineer and administration support to clients on a consulting basis.
- Deep understanding of networking protocols.
- Demonstrate ability to deliver excellent customer service.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to independently analyze problems and provide workable solutions.
- Requires the ability to follow instructions and have attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn new technologies.
- Ability to drive to client sites on occasion to perform assigned tasks.
- Works effectively in a team environment and encourages the sharing of knowledge amongst team members.
- Industry Certifications are a plus.
- Health Insurance.
- Disability insurance.
- Life insurance.
- 401(k) pension plan.
- Paid Holidays and vacations.
- Paid training.
- Hourly wage based on experience.
- Performance-based bonus program.
Send resume to:
PO Box 509
Peru, IL 61354
Job Type: Full-time