Careers at Connecting Point Computer Center
Job - IT Network / Computer Repair Field Engineer 2022
The successful candidate will possess a superior background in the following areas.
Description and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain client networking environments by designing system configuration; planning, directing, defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Perform hands-on PC and Network installation and updates for new and existing clients.
- Configuration and maintenance of PCs, printers, and related hardware.
- Maintains client network environments following best practices for updating and supporting all server software and network appliances.
- The present technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of management styles.
- Provide customer-first support and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval, and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures with the company’s security team.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to deploy and repair Windows 7, 10 & 11 OS.
- Exchange Server, Office 365 experience.
- Programming and installation of Access Points and Wireless Radios.
- Troubleshooting and repair of PCs and Laptops.
- Troubleshooting and repair of Printers.
- The primary point of contact for several key customers.
- Cabling as needed.
- 2+ years experience in a similar role providing network engineer and administration support to clients on a consulting basis.
- Demonstrate ability to deliver excellent customer service.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to independently analyze problems and provide workable solutions.
- Requires the ability to follow instructions and attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn new technologies.
- Ability to drive to client sites on occasion to perform assigned tasks.
- Works effectively in a team environment and encourages the sharing of knowledge amongst team members.
- Industry Certifications are a plus.
- Health Insurance
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) pension plan
- Paid Holidays and vacations
- Paid training
- Hourly wage based on experience
- Performance-based bonus program